September Favorites


It's my first monthly favorites! I'm totally excited because there are some products I've seriously been loving this month. I'm not sure if I'll do this each month though. I've been known to be a creature of habit, but I guess we'll just play it by ear.

I'll start off with Em Cosmetics. I ordered both the romance and night life palettes and have been loving both. I love that they come with a quick tutorial on how to use each "look", which is great to introduce you to each of the looks. I've done them all and they've definitely made me do things that I wouldn't normally have tried (like using a forrest green shadow for a liner). I also love that the palettes came with a travel size single palette. The life palettes are pretty big, so I always put everything I've used in the single palette and throw it in my purse. Simple. Lastly, I have to mention that these are really high quality and I've been impressed with almost every shade. So, if you haven't checked out Em Cosmetics, do so right now.

This single look is a definite favorite. It's actually stayed in one of my single palettes for a few weeks now. It has really great neutral colors to create an easy look. I especially love the nude lip color. It gives this really great sheen especially over the bright pink color. You can find this look in the romance palette.


Next is Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. I actually purchased this a few months ago. I felt like I was rubbing too much with the makeup removing cloths, especially around my eyes, which is never good. I had read Caroline Hirons that there was a cleansing balm she highly recommended (I can't remember the name) but you could only get it in the UK. Then I saw this one somewhere and thought I'd give it a try. (She later recommended this one if you're in the states.) To be honest, it was weird first using this. To me, it feels like I'm rubbing grease into my makeup, which goes against all of my instincts, especially with oily skin. Turns out though, I REALLY like it. It works way better than the wipes, and I'm pretty sure it's going to last me literally the whole year. The photo below is after using it for almost 3 months. It doesn't look like much is gone at all. Overall, awesome product, but you do have to get used to removing your makeup with a balm.


Oh my gosh. If I could recommend any product this month, it's the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. This has been a life saver for me. I mentioned in my current foundation routine post that my skin has been up and down lately. Twice now, when it's been horrible, I've used this on it and it's helped SO MUCH. The scent isn't what I would normally pick but I've actually grown to love it. It's very refreshing. Yep, that's how I would describe it - refreshing. My only issue with it is that it's expensive, but totally worth it in my opinion.


Next are two YSL products - Babydoll mascara and Touche Eclat. The babydoll mascara has been great. I don't usually go for plastic applicators, but this one seems to get to each individual lash better than any other mascara I've tried. The touche eclat has been great too. I use it under my eyes right now and it's such a lightweight formula that it works great for me. I also love that they had a light yellow base color. I've had a hard time finding something like lately.


My last favorite isn't really a product. I've been loving applying powder eye shadow as eyeliner. (I've even tried powder on the waterline. Interesting, but not recommended.) I actually haven't used a liquid or pencil liner at all probably the entire month or so. I've been applying it with the Sigma E65 angled brush and it's been working great now that it's not so hot outside.


That's all I've got. What are your September favorites?

Popular Posts