Fall Colors Eye using Revlon ColorStay Quad in Harmonious




I've been on such a fall kick recently. If you can't tell, you're about to with the next couple tutorials. This one is using the Revlon ColorStay Quad in Harmonious. I purchased this palette to do a fall look and mainly for the green color. (Apparently I was in a green mood because that's all I seemed to be looking for.) Anyways, I thought I'd do a mini review of this palette during the tutorial as well, so that you can actually see this palette in action. So here we go.



Step 1: Apply the coral color on the inner 3/4 of your lid. This is a pretty decently pigmented shade with a good amount of shimmer to it. Not much to say about this one though, just your average shadow.
Step 2: Apply the green color on the outer third and blend into the crease about 2/3 of the way. I have to say, I was pretty disappointed in this shadow. It turned out a lot brighter and more green than it looks in the palette and it wasn't very pigmented. I was hoping for a deeper green here.
Step 3: Apply the green color to the outer part of the bottom lid, taking it almost half way. (You can really see in this step just how bright this color is.)
Step 4: Apply the dark brown color on the outer corner and blend up a little past the crease. This one had the same pigment issue. I applied quite a lot here and it never really got as dark as I was expecting.
Step 5: Apply the khaki (lighter brown) color as your inner corner highlight and bring that down around the bottom about 1/3 of the way. I also brightened up the green on my top lid in this step, since it faded as I blended the dark brown. The khaki color is actually a really pretty shade. It's got a great shimmer to it and is fairly pigmented as well. I'd say this and the coral color are very similar.
Step 6: Line your top lid with Maybelline Master Precise Eye Liner and your bottom waterline with Maybelline Unstoppable. And of course curl your lashes and apply mascara. (I used YSL Babydoll.)

Overall, I'm not a fan of this palette. The khaki and coral are good shadows, but the green and dark brown just don't do it for me. And since I purchased this palette for the fall-ish green color, it just didn't work for me. As you can see though, it's still workable, just maybe not what you're expecting.

Popular Posts