Natural Autumn Ombre



Today's look is a take on Michelle Phan's Autumn Ombre. If you haven't seen her video yet, go watch it because it's awesome. I really liked this look but it's not something I would wear every day or even as a more glam look. So, I decided to take it, do a little re-mix, and make it a wearable natural look. It's not quite as fun, but I think it still captures the essence of Michelle's. So first watch her video, then follow the same steps but with the below shades instead. I'll be using Urban Decay's Naked Basic Palette.



Step 1: Apply Naked2 to your lid as a base.
Step 2: Apply Faint in your crease.
Step 3: Use the highlight color Venus in your inner corner and bring it down around your lower lid, almost half way. Apply Naked2 to the outer half of your lower lid.
Step 4: Line your top lid with Crave. This is such a pigmented true black, so be careful how much you're using here.
Step 5: Line your waterline with a white liner. Or if you have a rose gold color, like Michelle used, you can use that instead. I don't have one (but it's on my must haves list!) so I used Rimmel's Soft Kohl Eye Liner Pencil in 071 Pure White. And don't forget to curl your lashes and apply mascara!

That's it for the eye look. Really simple. Lastly to complete the ombre lip, I used Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede in 025 Socialite as my lip color. Then, using the same technique Michelle used (told you you should watch her video!), I ombred my lip with Faint. It's just a little bit darker than the lip color and more natural looking. So there you have it - a Natural Autumn Ombre look.

Popular Posts