Frosty Winter Look using Make Up For Ever Midnight Glow Palette


I purchased the MAKE UP FOR EVER Midnight Glow palette on a total whim with Sephora's VIB sale this year. I hadn't seen it in person and haven't heard anything about it (still). It's probably the most unique palette that I own. The packaging is small. It's definitely the smallest palette that I own and with 8 good size shadows. I was kind of put back by this at first, but now it's awesome. Why do we need such huge packaging for all these other palettes? I can't speak to all the shadows yet, but the ones I used in this tutorial are definitely unique. They are not any where near opaque. They're kind of like a glitter nail polish without a base color in it. While this is different, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Actually it's kind of a breathe of fresh air from all the other palettes I have, but it's definitely something to think about how much you'll use it when buying it. For me, my everyday makeup consists of very little to no eye makeup (minus mascara), so this is perfect for my everyday use. But, it will not be everyone's cup of tea. I suggest trying it in person before buying.

I've been listening to Dan + Shay's single '19 You + Me' on repeat. Definitely is a missing summer kind of song, which is great right now. It infuses hopefulness in me and really just makes you happy. Go buy their single or watch the lyric video here. And for all you people in Western Wisconsin, they'll be at Country Fest on Saturday! Whoo! =)


Step 1: Apply a skin colored base. I used Sigma's Provoke. Then apply Snow White to the inner half of your top lid and extend down into the inner corner.
Step 2: Apply Icy Blue to the outer half and a little out into your outer corner.
Step 3: Apply Gun Metal in your crease.
Step 4: Apply Midnight Purple in the outer part of your crease and down into the very outer part of your eye to deepen to the look and give a little more definition. I also added a touch of Gold Pink on the very inner of my eye to give a little pink pop.
Step 5: Take Icy Blue again and apply a little to the outer bottom lash line.
Step 6: Eye Liner and Mascara. I used Rimmel London Soft Kohl in 040 Purple Passion on the outer third of my top lash line and 071 Pure White on my bottom waterline. I used Benefit's They're Real mascara.

Face: Benefit the POREfessional; Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse in Classic Ivory 2 Light and applied with Real Techniques Expert Face Brush; L'Oreal True Match Concealer in Fair/Light, Bare Minerals foundation in Fairly Medium (as concealer) and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser in Fair as my under eye concealer; Urban Decay De-slick Mattifying Powder; Sigma Creme de Couture Blush in Strawberry Ambrosia; Urban Decay Cream Highlighter in Sin
Eyebrows: Maybelline New York Define-a-brow in Light Blonde; Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium
Lips: Maybelline Color Whisper in Pink Possibilities with L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Sunday's by the Seine layered over the top

Popular Posts