Skip to main content

L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Smoldering Plum


This look is using L'Oreal's Infallible shadow in Smoldering Plum. I had heard these were decent shadows for a drugstore brand and thought I'd pick one up. This was a really nice shimmer plum color and it has great pigmentation. If you haven't noticed by now, I like eye shadow palettes versus single shadows, so I'm not sure I would try another shade. However, if you're looking for a single shadow that's not too expensive, I would recommend this one. It's just a really versatile shadow with great payback. For this look, I combined this shadow with a couple others from the Naked2 palette.



Step 1: Apply YDK (from the Naked2 palette) all over the lid.
Step 2: Apply L'Oreal Infallible Smoldering Plum precisely in the crease. Start by creating a line where your crease is. Then slowly start blending that up. If the original line gets blurred, go back and create that defined line. Just blend more and more as you work your way out.
Step 3: Use Busted (from the Naked2) in the outer third where you just have YDK to give some depth to your eye.
Step 4: Take the Infallible shadow again and apply it on the outer third of the lower lash line and extend it up at an angle to connect with where you applied the Infallible shadow in the upper lid. Bring this to a point.
Step 5: Line your upper lash line with blackout from the Naked2 palette. Extend this out into the point so it looks blended.
Step 6: Curl your lashes and apply mascara.

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Decay Naked 3 Tutorial

Pigs are flying! I finally used my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette! Alright, so I only used two shades, but that's way better than I've done over the past 4 months. (Has it really been that long?) This look is super simple and really pretty for the spring. It's just a fresh, bright rosy look. Hope you enjoy! Step 1: Start with a base or primer. I uesd a Sigma Eyeshadow Base in Provoke which is just a nude base color. Then apply Burnout over all but the very outer corner of your upper lid. Step 2: Apply Buzz in the outer corner. Step 3: Line your top lash line with a dark brown to create a softer look. I used Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel. Step 4: Line your waterline and inner corner in white. I used Rimmel London Soft Kohl Eye Liner Pencil in 07 Pure White. Step 5: Curl your lashes and apply mascara. I used a combination of L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black and L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black. Face: It Cosmetics ...

Disney Caribbean Beach Dec 2024 - Day 2

Disney Day 2! Hotel + Party day! I got awesome sleep the night before. It's kind of nice ending the day with Animal Kingdom because then the park closes well before bedtime. I woke up feeling good, almost like I didn't need a relaxing morning and afternoon, but knew it was going to be a long night and I would rather be feeling good for the whole party instead of falling asleep lol. Prepare for a bunch of Skyliner pictures. And Christmas party pictures... I took my time getting up and ready and then headed over to Riviera to get some breakfast. I can't tell you how much I love the menu at Primo Piatto. And that's saying something - I just don't care all that much about food. I like it plain. Though I do like it pretty! Anyways, there's a bunch of things on the menu that sound awesome when usually I only get a few options, so I knew I wanted to try it. (Spoiler, I actually didn't even each at Caribbean Beach lol.) I mobile ordered and then went to check ou...

Sometimes you just need a break...I mean, God

Today is Sunday. I worked out today. I did BBG Week 15 Abs + planks and a circuit of standing ab exercises. Yesterday I did BBG Week 15 Arms. And before that, I worked out....last Sunday. And I haven't ran for a solid 10 days. And I'm not "scheduled" to run for another 4 days. I KNOW. I fully remember that I'm training for a half marathon. I KNOW. But I am honestly not worried about it. I believe it was all part of the plan. His plan. I needed a break. I knew that I needed a break. But I fully under-estimated how much I needed a break. {Insert forced break.} Except this break was not just a physical break. I was not just physically tired. Though I was well past physically tired. I was also mentally tired. I have a LOT on my plate right now, and I got WAY overwhelmed. Like WAY past overwhelmed. And I was spiritually tired, almost empty. I was filled because of all that was going on, but the weight of everything was dragging me down and I just simply nee...