October Favorites


It's time for another round of monthly favorites, which means the holidays are right around the corner. Can you believe it? I've got a decent amount of products for this months favorites. (Read: I've spent way too much money on beauty products.) I'll just start with a list and then jump right into it.

Lorac Pro Eye Shadow Palette
Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss
Cover Girl Outlast Nail Polish in Timeless Rubies and Toasted Almond
Tree Hut Brazilian Nut Lotion
Benefit Rockateur blush
Benefit the POREfessional
Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipsticks

Up first is my absolute favorite eye shadow palette. I like it way better than the Naked palettes. It has a good variety of matte and shimmer shades. The top is all matte and the bottom is shimmer. My favorites in this palette are the Champagne and Pewter colors. I love to use the Champagne all by itself on my lid and inner corner for when I want to do a little something with my eyes, but not much; it's just really pretty light pink shimmer shadow. Pewter is probably the first shadow that drew my eye because it's just this really unique shade unlike anything I own. And these shadows all have really good payoff. They're very pigmented so a little goes a long way. If you're looking for a neutral palette and have the money, I definitely recommend picking this one.


Next is Benefit's Rockateur boxed blush. I debated putting this on the list because I know it's on literally everyones list, but it's just really good. I couldn't leave it off. It's this really pretty rose color that would be flattering on every skin tone.


These nail polishes are my favorites for fall. They're Covergirl's Timeless Rubies and Toasted Almond. I've tried a couple other Covergirl nail polishes and wasn't really impressed by them. I'm not sure what made me buy these, but I'm glad I did, because I changed my mind. They're really great for the price, actually they're better than some of my more expensive ones. Toasted Almond is this really pretty shade that seems to change in different lights. Sometimes I swear it's more gray, then it has purple in it, and then it's a true brown. Timeless Rubies is a really fine glitter polish. It's just a nice twist on the typical maroon for fall. Plus, it doesn't hurt that they're really cheap.


For lips, I'm a little late in the game. The Maybelline Baby Lips has been out so long that they have 3 different lines now, but I just bought my first a couple weeks ago. The peach is my favorite. I thought I'd be a long time buyer of the Softlips chapsticks, but I think this one is changing my mind. I don't wear a lot of color on my lips, but this one adds just a little without me feeling like I have any color on.

The lipstick is another late purchase. It's the Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick. I'd heard a while ago that these were really great, but couldn't find them in a store and I just forgot about them. They are so excellent though. This one is 09 and smells like candy. They all smell a little differently. It's so creamy and the packaging is just so cute that I couldn't resist. I kind of bought a lot of them, but in my defense, you can buy 5 for the price of a higher-end lipstick. So I had to right? =)


Last but not least are two random products lumped together. The first is Benefit's POREfessional. I got a sample a while back and have just loved it. I've already ordered a full size. I can't imagine how long it'll last me - probably forever. I just really like how it smooths out my skin in prep for foundation.

The Tree Hut Lotion is probably my favorite lotion/butter ever. It smells sooo good. I'm usually the type to pick really rich sweet smelling things, like cupcake scented, but this one drew me in. It is rich, but it's not the sickly sweet type of rich. Sometimes I'll smell a little coffee or chocolate in it too. (Maybe my nose is just a little off lol.) Actually, I loved the smell so much that I bought the sugar scrub too!

Popular Posts