Tears

This is in response to Annie's post found here.

I started to writing about how we're taught that emotions are a sign of weakness, but I don't feel preachy today, so I erased it and I'll just skip ahead to the question...

What do you find in your tears? When you cry or if you were to let yourself cry, what would your tears be for? Would they be for a person, a situation, yourself? Annie said something in her post that hit me like a ton of bricks and hasn't left me yet. Our tears tell us what matter most. After I read that, I started thinking about where my tears come from. And you know what? She's exactly right. They do tell me what matters most.

I believe our tears are some of our strongest prayers. Our tears come from the depths of our hearts and that's where the things that really matter to us come from. Sometimes we don't even realize that they matter so much to us. Lately my tears have all come from the same place and you know what? I knew that this mattered to me. That I cared very deeply. But until I read this line about our tears telling us what matters most to us, I didn't fully realize exactly how much I cared. I challenge you to take a look at your life. Really take a look at it. And find out where your tears come from.

Popular Posts