December 2013 Favorites


I hope everyone is having a great New Year! The upper midwest is celebrating by having a high of -13 degrees today. Yes, seriously. I was debating on doing another monthly favorites or doing the yearly favorites that everyone else seems to be doing, but I really haven't been focused on beauty products for the whole year, so here I am with December 2013 Favorites!


Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation in 240 Soft Beige and Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

This brush was really a discovery in November, but since I didn't do November favorites, I thought I'd lump it in here. It's. Amazing. If you use liquid foundation, go buy yourself this brush right now. It will change your life. I used to try so many liquid foundations and just never liked the way they sat on my skin until I bought the beauty blender. But that little baby is expensive. This brush is not and does the same thing. As soon as I used it once, I immediately started pulling out all my old foundations and couldn't wait to see them in a new light. It's that good.

The Match Perfection foundation has been a favorite lately. I'm actually not looking forward to putting it away for a while to try something new. It feels light, but gives you pretty good coverage. My only complaint is the mouth on the bottle is very wide, so when I pour a little out onto my hand, a lot of times I end up pouring a little more than I mean to. Other than that, it's been really good - definitely one to try if you're looking for a cheaper liquid foundation.


Formula X for Sephora Translucents Nail Polish in Remarkable

Hopefully you can tell from the picture that this polish is a very pale pink. And by very pale, I mean almost white. In some lights I would swear this is white, but it's not. And I've been loving it. It's a little twist on a winter white nail polish. I purchased this one and another Formula X polish after hearing Tiffany rave about them so much. I personally don't think they're any more spectacular than other polishes, but I included this one because of the color. I just think it's super unique being such a pale pink.


Taylor Swift Enchanted Wonderstruck

I got a sample of this a long time ago and had every intention of trying it, but didn't. A little before Christmas I was going through a bunch of old things and came across all the old perfume samples that I kept, thinking I would use them. In the midst of getting rid of all of them, I pulled this one out because, well, it's Taylor. Who doesn't love Taylor. So I thought I'd give it one try and then ditch it in favor for my favorite perfume. Turns out I really love this smell. I wore it to work and throughout the day I kept smelling something good and realizing it was actually me - this perfume. And, it's on sale in a set at Target right now from their Christmas gift sets, so I even scored a good deal on it. =)


Sigma Creme de Couture blush in Strawberry Ambrosia

This blush was part of a limited edition collection by Sigma and is no longer available, so I'll keep it short. I love this color. It's a very pale pink and when applied on your cheeks (well, mine at least), it verges on looking to pale. It's something I have learned to love and have been looking everywhere for a dup for this because when I run out, it's going to be a really sad day.


Make Up For Ever Midnight Glow Palette

Another limited edition item, sorry, but I had to include it because I've been using it non-stop. For my everyday looks, I rarely do much for eye makeup. In fact, I usually don't use shadow, but this palette has changed that. My favorite is to sweep the rose gold shadow over my whole lid. It gives just enough of a sparkle that makes it feel like you did something a little special, but it's something most people wouldn't notice, making it feel natural. I did a winter look using this palette which you can see here.

Popular Posts