Subtle Bright Shadow with Marc Jacobs The Tease


Am I back? I don't know, but I'm going to try this thing again. Hopefully it'll stick this time since the craziness of my life has hopefully died down. I have 2 tutorials using the Marc Jacobs palettes that have been sitting on my computer for a couple months now and this is one of them. I fell in love with The Lolita palette over Christmas. (Yes, I know I'm mentioning Christmas in July. Sorry.) I loved it so much that when I saw The Tease, I knew I had to have it, and it's even more beautiful than The Lolita. A little less versatile, but still a great palette. I wanted to figure out a way to incorporate the bright violet shadow in this palette, but use it in a subtle way that you could even wear to work. This is what I came up with. Hope you enjoy!



Step 1: Apply the peachy-pink color to the outer 3/4 of the top lid. Then apply the light brown shadow to the inner 1/4 and take up it up through the crease.
Step 2: Now's the fun part. Take the bright violet color, using a E30 pencil brush, apply it like you would a liner to the outer half of your eye. This is meant to not be a perfect line and you can make it as thick as you wanted. I went a little thicker this time around than the first time. If you're a little nervous about using such a bright color, go slow and don't apply too much - you can always add more.
Step 3: Line your top lash line. I just did the outer half again. I used the first purple shade and the used the matte gray/purple over the top. The shadows in this palette just tend to blend so nicely here that just simply layering the liner colors gives an almost rainbow type effect.
Step 4: Next I finished the shadows with the lower lash line. I took what was left on my E30 brush from the violet and just lightly brushed it over the outer 1/3 of my lower lash line. You can skip this if you'd like though. I just like that it gives a little dimension. Then take the light brown shadow and apply it to the bottom lash line. It's a color that's close to my skin tone, so I applied it liberally here. Then I used Tarte's Inner Rim Liner on the outer third of my waterline to brighten and pick up the color even more.
Step 5: Lastly, just curl your lashes and apply mascara. I used Dior's Diorshow Iconic.

Face: It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream in Light applied with fingers; Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Treatment Corrector in Fair applied under eye with fingers; Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light applied with Sigma F30; L'Oreal True Match Crayon Correcteur in Fair/Light applied with fingers as concealer; BareMinerals Original Foundation in Fairly Medium applied with Sigma E60 as concealer
Eyebrows: Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde; Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Clear as brow gel
Cheeks: Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel applied with Ulta Synthetic Kabuki brush as bronzer; Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Adored applied with Real Techniques blush brush; Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator in Pink Rose applied to tops of the cheeks
Lips: Revlon Colorburst Lip Button in Peach Parfait with Limited Edition Lorac Rockin' Red Hot Gloss in Rock Star applied over the top

Popular Posts