Makeup Drawer Organization


Now that I've done my everyday natural look, I thought I'd give a look into my makeup drawer organization. This is the drawer that holds everything I would want to use. Things that I always use, things that I'm trying, and others that are just good to have close. All my other makeup is stored away and I just rotate things through this drawer. That way I make sure that I'm trying new products and not buying things that just sit around. All the products used in my everyday natural look are in this drawer except for the foundation. I have been really trying to use a different one, but the Rimmel Match Perfection just always seems to find it's way back into my routine.


From left to right: Revlon Age Defying Foundation in 15 Tender Beige, L'Oreal True Match Concealer Crayon in Fair/Light, (hiding underneath) Tarte Inner Rim Liner, YSL Touche Eclat in #2, Benefit the POREfessional, Maybelline Define-a-brow in Light Blonde, (hiding underneath at the bottom) Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium, L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara, Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss, Tweezerman tweezers, Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel, and L'Oreal Power Volume 24h Black Smoke Mascara

The foundation is one I'm currently trying and not loving. For something that has to do with age defying, it really creases in the lines on my forehead (not good) and it's way to thick of a foundation without the right coverage. I'm trying really hard to keep using it, but I think this one just might be going away soon. Tarte's Inner Rim Liner is one I've been trying too. Boy, does it sure brighten up your inner rim! It's actually a little hard to get used to, but if that's the effect you're looking for, this is your liner. The Stila Smudge Stick Liner came with my In The Light palette and I've been loving this. Anytime I want to use a pencil liner, this is the one I've wanted, and that's saying something since I've been in love with the Maybelline Unstoppable for years. It's a dark brown color and is just as creamy as the Unstoppable. Would I purchase the Stila one in black instead of the Unstoppable? Just because of the price, I doubt it, but it's still a good liner. The only reason I might is if the Stila one is really truly waterproof. (All others can be found in my everyday natural look post)


Clockwise starting at the top left: Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream, Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm, Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer, (top) Sigma Creme de Couture Blush in Strawberry Ambrosia, (bottom) Sigma Creme de Couture Blush in Essence, RiRi for MAC Love Rihanna Bronzing Powder, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light, Bare Minerals Foundation in Fair, Bare Minerals Foundation in Fairly Medium, MAC Mineralize Blush in Dainty, Sephora Gold Eyelash Curler, Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

I'll start with the makeup products. I use the Sigma Strawberry Ambrosia blush the most and I'm trying the Blackberry Essence (it seriously is purple lol). The MAC one is the one I want to use if I'm not doing a softer, natural look with the Strawberry Ambrosia blush. It's just a very nice bright pink. The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder is what I'm currently using for my setting powder and the Rihanna MAC bronzer is what I'm currently loving if I use a bronzer. The Bare Minerals Foundations I use for concealer. I use the Fairly Medium on my face and if I have anything I want to cover up on my neck, I'll use the Fair. My neck is always super pale and I do apply a small amount of foundation on my neck, but the Fair concealer still works best.

As for the rest, the Burt's Bees Lip Balm I just keep around. I actually don't think I like it, but I'm still using it, thinking I'll change my mind, and the eye lash curler is just that. =) I use both the Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream and the Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream on the calluses that I have on the tips of my fingers from playing guitar. I don't think the hand and nail cream is anything really special, but I got a sample of it and thought I'd use it. The Burt's Bees is basically a wax that I use on my skin. It's pretty good if you can not use your fingers for a while. I'll just rub my fingers in there and let it sit for a while. I don't use these all the time, just when my fingers feel extra dry.


From bottom to top, then left to right: Marc Jacobs Lolita Eye Shadow Palette, Make Up For Ever Midnight Glow Eye Shadow Palette, Benefit They're Real Mascara, Maybelline Baby Lips Fierce In Tangy, Maybelline Baby Lips Peach Kiss (extra), L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara, Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara, Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara, Forever 21 Makeup Bag

I keep two eye shadow palettes out in this drawer. The Make Up For Ever palette you've heard enough about and is my favorite right now. The Marc Jacobs Lolita palette was a Christmas gift that I'm currently trying and of course loving (more to come). In the back, I keep some extra Baby Lips along with mascaras and a makeup bag that I throw in my purse. Since mascara goes bad so much more quickly than other types of makeup, I keep my open ones here. I definitely have a thing for mascaras. I love to try new ones but grow tired of them quickly. The Benefit one was one I liked in the sample and then I quickly grew tired of once I purchased the full size. The L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black was just as good the second time around and is definitely my all-time favorite mascara. The Lancome Hypnose Star mascara was something I purchased based off of great reviews and honestly, I didn't like. It was too dry, it felt like I couldn't coat my lashes enough, and it wore off throughout the day. I guess it was just me? And of course, the Maybelline Great Lash Clear for setting brows.

That's it! Do you keep a makeup drawer like this where you have all your favorites or do keep your products more spread out?

Popular Posts