Rihanna for Mac New Years Eve Look


I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! I really feel blessed this Christmas. Not just because I received a mandolin (yes!!) but because I was able to see all of my family. They have a way of reminding you who you are and keeping you grounded. It's just very special to see (almost) everyone, especially since all the cousins are getting older and starting to have their own kids. It will only get harder for everyone to get together and we always wonder if this will be the last year for this many people to be in the same room at once. Yes, blessed does not even begin to describe it.

I broke down a while back and decided to join the crowd in the Rihanna for Mac collections. I purchased the RiRi Woo lipstick the first round, but didn't purchase anything the second round. But, there were just too many pretty pictures and videos of the second collection that I knew I had to buy something from the third. I ended up with a few things (read: too many) and am really loving them. This look is using the RiRi for Mac Phresh Out Eye Shadow Palette and RiRi Woo Lipstick which I think is perfect for a simple New Years Eve look because of all the glitter shadows.


Step 1: Apply Mac Cream Color Base in Pearl to your entire lid. Then apply the middle shadow to the center of your lid, leaving the corners bare.
Step 2: Apply the second gold shadow to the inner part of your top lid. Then apply the first cream shadow to your inner corner and carry that down about a third of the way under your eye.
Step 3: Apply the fourth shadow to the outer corner and take this down under the outer third of your lower lash line.
Step 4: Add a touch of the darkest shadow to your inner corner and blend that out.
Step 5: Apply the darkest shadow as your top liner. I did just a really thin line.
Step 6: Curl your lashes and apply mascara. I used L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black and then added a touch of L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black on the ends of my lashes.

Face: Benefit the POREfessional; Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 240 Soft Beige; L'Oreal True Match Concealer in Fair/Light, Bare Minerals Foundation as Concealer in Fairly Medium, and YSL Touche Eclat in 2 as under eye concealer; Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 011 Creamy Natural; Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light; Mac Mineralized Blush in Dainty; RiRi for Mac Bronzing Powder
Eyebrows: Maybelline Define-a-brow in Light Blonde; Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium
Lips: Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in 057 Ravish as liner; Mac RiRi Woo

Popular Posts