L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara


Let's talk mascara. I am in love with the L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara. I also love the Voluminous Carbon Black mascara, but it's a little difficult to work with, which prompted me to pick up the Telescopic mascara in the Carbon Black line. The Carbon Black line is exactly what it sounds like - meant to be a super black mascara, more than usual. The telescopic does not disappoint in this. I think it's even blacker than the Voluminous. To compare these two, the Voluminous is a volumizing more dry formula with a dense bristle wand, while the Telescopic is a lengthening, wet formula with a plastic applicator. (They do have a Telescopic mascara that isn't Carbon Black if you find the Carbon Black mascaras too black, like if you have lighter eye lashes.)


Hopefully you can see from the above photo that this wand is a little different. It's a plastic applicator that has four sides. On each of the corners, it has the little spikes that a normal wand has, but it only has four of these. In between the bristles, the wand is flat. I was a little worried that the mascara would pile up on the flat sides and make it difficult to apply, but that hasn't been the case yet.
This mascara gives me the longest lashes ever, and it holds the curl in my lashes literally all day long. Usually by the end of the day, my lashes start to fall as the mascara wears off, but this is not true with this mascara at all. I should give a disclaimer that I do have really long lashes already, but I noticed such a difference with this mascara that I just had to share. I'm not sure if this mascara will work for everyone, but it's definitely worth a try.


Photo 1: This is my lashes naturally. You can't tell how long they are since they're pretty straight when they're not curled, but thought I'd show a before picture anyways.
Photo 2: I curled my lashes. I'm using an eye lash curler from Sephora. I first hold the curl for 5 seconds, then open and close the curler 5 times to really make it stay. I started this technique a couple months ago and have really noticed the difference, no matter what mascara I'm using. So, even if you don't use the Telescopic mascara, give this technique a try and I'll bet you see a difference.
Photo 3: I applied L'Oreal's Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara. There's no specific way I apply this. I do usually go back after its dry and add a little more to the ends to thicken them up a little. Otherwise, just apply as normal.

Face: Benefit the POREfessional; Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 240 Soft Beige applied with Real Techniques Expert Face Brush; L'Oreal True Match Concealer in Fair/Light and YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch in 2 as my under eye concealer; Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 011 Creamy Natural; Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle; Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light; Mac Mineralize Blush in Dainty
Eyebrows: Maybelline New York Define-a-brow in Light Blonde; Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium
Lips: Mac Cremesheen Glass in Pagoda

(You can see below, even though I'm looking down, my lashes are still visible above my lash line and look long.)

Popular Posts