Natural No Makeup Eye Tutorial


Today I have a very natural, pretty much no makeup, eye tutorial. In some lights, it looks like you have absolutely nothing on, while in others it looks like you have on just a little. I like to use this type of makeup when I don't feel like having bare eyes, but don't want my eyes to stand out either.

I used Urban Decay's Naked2 Palette and Maybelline's The Rocket Volume Express. For brushes, you just need a flat shader brush and a blending brush. You could use the double ended brush in the palette itself, but I find it too stiff to work with most of the time. I hope you enjoy!





1. First, you'll want to prime your eyes. I used Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion in the color Original. Any primer will do here, just don't use one with shimmer since this is a natural look. Next take an eyeshadow that matches your skin. I'm using Urban Decay's Foxy. Place that all over your lid to give it a good base.
2. Next take a flat shader brush and a darker matte color. I'm using Urban Decay's Tease here. Any darker shade will do. You can go as dark or light as you want. Just remember to choose a matte shade. Place this in your crease. Don't worry about it looking messy. You're really just placing it in the spot you want.
3. Work it into the crease, blending until it looks smooth.
4. Repeat the above two steps until you get the desired darkness you'd like in your crease. I just applied Tease once so that it's a soft version of the shade. Then, using the same shade, apply a little more to the outer third of your crease and eyelid. Blend this softly.
5.To add a little depth, take a darker shade with a slight shimmer and apply just a very little on the outer edge of your crease/eyelid. I'm using Urban Decay's Busted. You can see in the image below that I really didn't use much but you should apply as much as you want to create depth.
6. Blend that out and you're done with the eyeshadow!
7. If you'd like, apply your eyeliner now. I didn't use any liner because this is supposed to be super natural. Lastly, curl your lashes, apply mascara, and you're done!

Ta-da! =)


Popular Posts