Ashley Benson Inspired Hair Tutorial


Oh boy - look at that hair! Can anyone believe that I want to grow it out longer?!? Seriously. I might have lost my mind over here. lol. I've changed up my posts again and am really playing around with the formatting. I changed the photo size to be smaller but I think I prefer the larger size - thoughts? I've definitely decided that I like the graphics over (some or all?) of the images - still working on this though as to what it will be and the rest of the overall layout. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm really just starting this blog.

Anyways, I am sooo late joining the Pretty Little Liars band-wagon... but better late than never. Pretty Little Liars won at the Teen Choice Awards a couple weeks ago and I loved Ashley Benson's look, especially her hair pulled to the side - it was simple yet elegant, so I really wanted to do an *inspired by* look. So here we go:

Step 1: Start with un-washed hair to help create messy curls and give your hair more texture. You're just going to curl your hair using the NuMe Pearl Curling Wand (or any other bubble shaped wand) to create textured, un-even curls. I curled from about half way down in the back and gave the front a little more curl which created a "V" shape.


Step 2: Softly pin in a small section of hair back on the opposite side that you parted your hair on.


Step 3: Leave a few curls out to frame your face, and wrap the rest of your hair around back covering the bobby pin you just put in.


Step 4: Pin that back - easier said than done, I know! I have really thick hair and if I were to try to pin half of my hair back, it would take 5 million bobby pins, seriously. So here's a trick - I attempted to photograph this, so hopefully that will help show what I mean. Basically you're going to pull a small section from the base of your neck out and wrap that up over the entire section. Then you're going to pin just that small section down and that will hold all the hair back. I still had to use two bobby pins though - the downside of thick hair... *tear* I know. =) Then to cover the bobby pins, I draped some of my hair that wasn't pinned down over the top of it.


Ta da! Hope you guys enjoyed and let me know if you have any requests or feedback!

Popular Posts