Sometimes you just need a break...I mean, God


Today is Sunday. I worked out today. I did BBG Week 15 Abs + planks and a circuit of standing ab exercises. Yesterday I did BBG Week 15 Arms. And before that, I worked out....last Sunday.

And I haven't ran for a solid 10 days.

And I'm not "scheduled" to run for another 4 days.

I KNOW. I fully remember that I'm training for a half marathon. I KNOW. But I am honestly not worried about it. I believe it was all part of the plan. His plan. I needed a break. I knew that I needed a break. But I fully under-estimated how much I needed a break.

{Insert forced break.}

Except this break was not just a physical break. I was not just physically tired. Though I was well past physically tired. I was also mentally tired. I have a LOT on my plate right now, and I got WAY overwhelmed. Like WAY past overwhelmed. And I was spiritually tired, almost empty. I was filled because of all that was going on, but the weight of everything was dragging me down and I just simply needed God. Not God's dreams. Just Him.

And so there was a snow storm. A forced break. No running. And no driving. So naturally I camped out on the floor in my living room. True statement. It was amazing. (Hi, my name is Jessica and I go with the flow and sometimes that has me doing really strange things. Like camping in my apartment.) I slept on the floor. I didn't even use a blowup air mattress. It was straight up old school, just a bunch of blankets. Just me and God and blankets. And it was exactly what I needed.

Here's some things I learned this weekend:
* All I want is God. I need time with Him. A lot of time with Him. And that's okay. We're all different.
* I won't die or get fat by taking a week-long break from working out. (Because clearly dying and getting fat are in the same category. I hope you're sensing my sarcasm...)
* I need to work on the strength in my knees. Side lunges are going to be my friend.
* I will be absolutely fine not working out for over a week while I'm in India a few weeks before the half marathon.
* I can NOT handle the weight of God's dreams. Thankfully He shoulders the weight until we're prepared. Read more here.
* I have vision and passion. And that's rare. I honestly never thought I would have that, but I think I might...
* I still need God. After all His teaching, after all the rest this weekend, I still need God. Desperately. Every second. With every breath. I need Him.

So...point is... go camp out in your living room with God. And lots of blankets. Just kidding. You don't need the blankets. =) Sometimes, when you think you need a break, you REALLY need a break. But actually, you really just needed God. And you always do.

Popular Posts