Pink Barbie Look


I was going for a spring tutorial and one thing turned from hot pink to iridescent glitter and then it was barbie. Oh well, it's not like Mother Nature has realized it's spring yet anyways. We're getting more snow as we speak, though how much is still questionable; the weather this winter has seemed to change chaotically. We'll get spring and summer eventually, right? Until then, here's a super girly, hot pink, barbie look. I used the Lorac Pro palette, the Make Up For Ever Glitter in #4 White Violet, and the NYX Primal Colors Pressed Pigments Facepowder. The NYX pigments are not meant to be eye shadows, only for your face, but I threw caution to the wind and used it on my eyes anyways. (I haven't had any issues with it.) If you're worried about it though, the Too Faced Pretty Rebel palette has a bright pink you could use. It's a little deeper, but should give you a fairly similar result.




Step 1: Apply Sigma Eye Shadow Base in Awake all over you lid.
Step 2: Apply Champagne as your base color over your lid and bring it down into your inner corner for your hightlight. This is a really sparkly shade that will help make the matte pink have a little shimmer to it and it will also help make sure you don't apply too much of the pink at once.
Step 3: Take Taupe and apply it into your upper crease and blend up.
Step 4: Apply Pewter in your crease to add a little dimension. Blend that as well. I also applied Cream as my brow highlight.
Step 5: Now comes the fun part. Using NYX Primal Colors in Hot Pink, start patting the pink onto your lid. Be careful not to get it in the crease too much and also be careful of fallout from patting this on.
Step 6: This is optional, but who doesn't like a little glitter. I applied Make Up For Ever's Glitter in #4 all over my lid with my finger. I also let the fallout fall into my inner corner and below it as well for a little extra. (Do I even need to warn how messy this is?)
Step 7: Take taupe again and apply it on your bottom lid, extending a little up and out on the outer edge. Blend that out.
Step 8: Apply espresso on the outer third of your bottom lid, just a little to give a deeper look on the outer corner. I like to take an angled brush and press it into my lash line.
Step 9: Using Black, line your upper lash line making sure to get nice and close to your lash line. If you prefer, you can skip this step and tightline your upper lash line instead. With all the glitter, I decided not to press my luck with irritating my eyes and opted for shadow instead. Then line your eyes with a liquid liner to make sure the line is nice and dark. I used L'Oreal's Carbon Black Lineur Intense.
Step 11: Phew, this was a lot of steps! Lastly, line your bottom waterline, curl your lashes, and apply mascara. I used Maybelline Unstoppable in Onyx on my waterline and used a combination of L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black and L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Back on my lashes. I applied the Voluminous like I normally do, and then used the Telescopic on the tips of my top lashes to get them a little extra.

Face: Benefit the POREfessional; Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in shade SB 4.5; YSL Touche Eclat in 2; Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light; Sigma Eye Shadow Base in Composed as contour/bronzer; Tarte Cheek Stain in Fearless
Eyebrows: Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde; Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara as brow gel
Lips: NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu

Popular Posts